1. The Canon Photomarathon Philippines 2013 is an annual event organized by Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc.(“Organizer”)
2. Participant’s slots are limited and will be allocated to qualified participants on a first-come-first serve basis depending on the validation of the registration requirements as determined by Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc.
3. All interested participants will have to undergo a pre- registration process as determined by the Organizer.
4. All information including personal & camera information submitted by the participant to Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc. (“Organizer”) in connection with the event shall become the property of the Organizer.
5. All information submitted by each participant shall be made in full and frank disclosure. Any misrepresentation may result in disqualification, forfeiture or withdrawal of any prize won as determined by the Organizer as its sole discretion.
6. The participant is deemed to have given the Organizer authorization to use such information for any purpose (including market research, planning, data-processing, statistical and risk-analysis, research, fund-raising) or any other purposes as the Organizer may determine at its sole and absolute discretion.
7. Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc. shall have the sole and absolute discretion to decide on all matters relating to or in connection with the Event (including but not limited to eligibility and the conduct of the Event) and such decision(s) shall be final and binding on all participants. The Organizer shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence with any participant on any matter concerning the Event.
8. Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc reserves the right to cancel the event at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, Canon Marketing Philippines shall use reasonable efforts to inform the participants prior to the date of the event.
9. Each submitted photo entry, must be an original material taken/shot by the participant. Participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that his/her submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant.
10. The submitted photo entry/material shall not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, claim or interest in the photograph.
11. All participants must submit the signed waiver form on the day of the event. Participants under the age of 18 must produce a signed parental consent release form and submit it on the day of the event.
12. All nationalities are welcome to take part.
13. The Canon Photomarathon is a day-long photo-taking event, so participants should take extra care of their own health, safety and comfort. By taking part in this event, participants acknowledge that the organizer is indemnified against any accidents or injuries that may occur during the course of the event.
14. There will be no refund for any cancellation of participation or non-attendance.
15. Any participant who breaches any of these Terms and Conditions shall be disqualified from the Event and any other Event organized by Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc. or have its prize forfeited as determined by the Organizer at its sole discretion.
16. Decisions by the Organizer and competition judges are final. No queries will be entertained.
17. Canon Marketing Philippines, Inc. may at any time at its sole and absolute discretion terminate the Event or vary any of these Terms and Conditions without prior notice and without furnishing any reason.
18. By participating in the Event, the participant is deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
WHAT IS CANON PHOTOMARATHON
The Canon Photo Marathon is a one of a kind on-the-spot Photo contest that challenges the skills and creativity of different photographers in creating themed inspired photographic images under time pressure. Participants get to compete with other amateur photographers, hobbyist, enthusiasts,
and professional photographers under strict contest rules and deadlines.
The images captured are subject to a panel of judges’ evaluation. The thematic creative instincts and the ability to work under tight timeline pressures will be thoroughly tested in this exciting and unique competition.
• Please ensure that you are in good health when joining this competition. The organizers discourage pregnant women, as well as those suffering from chronic illness, high blood pressure or heart-related diseases from taking part.
Two Camera Categories for Entrants
• Point and shoot (Compact Digital Cameras)
• Digital Cameras with Interchangeable Lenses(DSLR & compact interchangeable lens cameras)
• Participants can only join in either Point and Shoot or Digital Cameras with Interchangeable Lenses(DSLR & compact interchangeable lens cameras).
• Participants are not allowed to change between these two camera categories in between themes.
• Participants can use any Canon digital cameras to take photographs (depending on the category). During the Canon Photomarathon you will be given various photographic themes. After each theme you will be asked to submit your best image for uploading.
• Participants are required to pre-register online at www.canon.com.ph/photomarathon2013. Start of on-line registration will be announced at Canon Digital Cameras-Philippines Facebook fan page and www.canon.com.ph/imagenation. Walk-in registrations will be accepted during the day of the event only if there are pre-registered participants who do not show up at the designated time (applicable fees will be charged for walk-in participants)
• All registrants will go thru strict verification process of participants personal and camera information.
• Participants with cameras that were purchased from authorized dealers/distributors of Canon Marketing Philippines will be given priority in joining the Canon Photomarathon event.
• Registrants whose serial numbers of cameras that will be determined invalid, meaning their unit was not purchased from authorized dealers/distributors of Canon Marketing Philippines can still join the event provided they have to pay a joining fee of Php500.00. (Registrants can only deposit their payment if they already received an email notification to deposit their payment) Please deposit payment to: J. Eugenio Concepts Promotions
UCPB ACCOUNT NUMBER: 103190001251
METROBANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: 602-3-60208670-5
or BDO ACCOUNT NUMBER: 002510145866
within 48 hours of the receipt of notice. Registrant should e-mail the clear scanned copy of the deposit slip to email@example.com
*Note: We will not charge a joining fee of Php500.00 for all the students with invalid serial numbers for Photomarathon University only.
• After completing the verification process, successful registrants will receive a notification in their accounts/email that they need to confirm their participation/attendance in the Photomarathon and download the waiver and release form. Should there be any issues or concerns, the organizers will contact registrant thru contact details provided.
• Participants are required to bring the copy of the signed waiver and release form on the date of the competition. Participants under the age of 18 must ensure that the section on the form has been properly filled out by their guardian
• The Canon Photomarathon is a day-long event. Participants are to report to the designated venue at on or before 7:00 am. Any late arrivals or registration will not be accepted.
• All participants must be present during the following
• Registration/Check in
• Competition briefing
• All participants must also be present during the announcement of each of the three themes.
• Participants will receive theme 1 at approximately _______________on______________2013 at the competition venue. All participants must submit only 1(one) photo deemed suitable for the theme on or before the assigned deadline.
• Theme 2 will be announced immediately after the deadline for theme 1 submission has lapsed.
• Theme 3 will be announced immediately after the deadline for theme 2 submission has lapsed.
• The organizers are not responsible for providing any photographic equipment, including cameras, spare batteries, battery charger, lenses or additional memory cards. All participants are expected to come prepared with their own photographic equipment needs.
• Participants are not allowed to submit photographs with other participants present in the photo.
• Accepted storage formats include the following: CF, SD, MMC, XD, SM and MS. Participants using other formats must supply their own relevant adaptors and drivers. The organizers will not be responsible for any failure to read or upload submitted images.
• All participants must wear Canon-provided apparel & official Canon Photomarathon ID during the entire competition (Apparel items will be distributed during the registration period on the day of the event)
• Participants will be given _______________ per theme to shoot and submit their entries. (Timing of deadline for submission of the photos are subject to change) Organizers reserve the right to refuse the photo entry which will be submitted late.
• Participant can only submit one photo entry per theme.
• Participants can use any form of transportation however, participants must return to competition venue on time for the photo uploading.
• All photos must be submitted in person and must be uploaded by the participant. No proxy submissions will be accepted in the duration of the event.
• The organizers will not be responsible for any loss of image data or damage to memory cards during the uploading process.
• All digital photographs submitted must have been shot on the day of the competition. Those submitting images shot earlier or photos taken by proxies will be disqualified.
• Images will only be accepted in Large JPEG format. No RAW files will be allowed. Images may not be altered by any image editing software, except for built-in Canon editing features/functions of the camera.
All photographs will be judged based on the following key criteria:
Creativity in theme interpretation
Use of color, light and shadows
Composition of photograph
Relevance to theme
• The decision of the organizers and competition judges is final. No appeals will be entertained.
• Winners will be awarded at the end of the day.
• Winners will also be acknowledge via a print ad, Canon website, and Canon Digital Cameras- Philippines Facebook Fan Page and Canon_ph(Twitter)
• Winner will be notified via email and mobile phone or landline in-case he/she is not present during the awarding program.
• Each camera category must have at least a minimum of ten (10) entries in order to be declared a valid contest. Should a contest category have less than ten (10) entries, such category shall be declared “NO CONTEST” and all prizes allocated shall revert to the contest organizers.
• Judges and organizers have the right not to announce a winner if entries do not meet their standards and qualifications.
The following are the list of equipment
that you can use during the Photomarathon Contest:
A. Digital Cameras-Point-and-shoot, DSLR and Canon video camera
B. Built in flash, Speedlite, ring lite, macro twin lite, flash unit, speedlite transmitter & flash diffuser
C. EF/EFS Lenses and other third party lenses
D. FILTERS: Polarizing, Neutral Density, Close-up, Skylight, Softmat, Infrared Filters
E. Tripods, Monopods and the like
F. Remote switch trigger, wireless controller,
G. Battery Grips
H. Camera/Video Rigs
I. Speedlite softboxes